Term Life Insurance Advantages and Disadvantages
It’s important to consider term life insurance advantages and disadvantages before purchasing your policy. Make sure you understand your reasons for buying the coverage and how long you will need protection for you and your family.
Advantages of Term Life Insurance
- Premiums are usually much lower for Term life insurance compared to Whole life insurance.
- Term life provides funds for people who depend on you for financial support.
- Creates an estate to leave to your heirs, if you haven’t had a chance to build much wealth.
- Level term life insurance premiums remain the same for the term of the policy. So, 20 year level term means your premiums stay the same for 20 years.
- Provides the maximum life insurance protection for your dependents at the lowest cost.
- Provides affordable life insurance protection to fit almost any budget.
- Many term life policies offer you the option to convert your coverage to whole life insurance by some future date, (without having to prove insurability – taking a medical exam).
Disadvantages of Term Life Insurance
- If you outlive your term insurance policy, your premiums to buy a new policy will be much more expensive.
- If you do convert your term insurance to whole life – your premiums will be much higher for the same amount of coverage.
- Premiums usually increase with age, unless you buy level term life insurance.
- When your policy expires, you may not be in good health, and unable to qualify for another life insurance policy at that time.
Term Life Insurance Quotes
Top Pick – Wholesale Insurance
Wholesale Insurance lets you shop, compare and save on life insurance. For more than 30 years, Wholesale Insurance has helped more than 500,000 American families protect their futures. Compare the best life insurance rates from 40 top carriers with just one click. Save up to 73%. Request your free quotes for term life insurance.
Highly Recommended – Globe Life Insurance $1* Buys $100,000 Globe Life Insurance
Coverage for Adults or Children
No Medical Exam. Just a Few Y/N Health Questions
Free Information. No Phone Required. No Waiting
Buy Direct. Monthly Rates as low as $3.49 for Adults/$2.17 for Children.
Term Life Insurance Advantages
Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.