Term Life Insurance FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Life Insurance
Review our Term Life Insurance FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions about life insurance.
- How Much Does Term Life Insurance Cost?
Request your free term life insurance quotes from top-rated insurers offering you savings up to 73%.
- What is Term Life Insurance?
Life insurance where the death benefit is paid only if the insured dies during a specified period of time. Learn about how term life insurance works.
- How Much Term Life Insurance Do I Need?
Use our term life insurance calculator to help you quickly and easily decide how much life insurance you need.
- Will I need to take a medical exam when I apply for life insurance?
Most insurers will require you to take a medical exam. This depends on your age, health and the amount of life insurance protection you are applying for. Click here for Life Insurance with No Medical Exam.
- What types of term life insurance policies are available?
There are many types of term life insurance policies, including Level Term Life Insurance, Decreasing Term life insurance, Annual Renewable Term Life Insurance, and Term Life Insurance No Exam. To learn more visit Types of Term Life Insurance.
- How can I save money on my life insurance?
By comparing life insurance quotes from several life insurance companies online you may be able to save up to 70% on your policy, because rates can vary quite a bit between insurers.
- I bought life insurance last week, and now I’ve decided I do not want it. What can I do?
All life insurance policies come with a "Free Look" period. In most cases the free look period is for 30 days. You can contact the insurance company in writing and notify them that you want to cancel your policy. They should return all of the premiums you have paid. Review the cancellation clause and Free Look period clause in your life insurance policy for the right course of action to take. Or, contact your life insurance company by phone for instructions.
- Can I cover my children under my life insurance policy?
Many life insurance policies come with a "Childrens Term Life Insurance Rider". This allows you to add coverage for your children on your policy. Or, you could purchase life insurance for children.
- Will the annual premium I pay for term life insurance change during the policy term?
It depends on the type of term life policy you choose. If you choose 20 year level term, for example, your premiums will remain the same for 20 years.
- Can I buy life insurance direct online from the insurance company?
Yes, if you qualify, you may be able to buy life insurance direct from the insurer. Here's how to buy life insurance direct online.
- If I have term life insurance and don’t die within the term, will I get a refund of the premium?
Yes. There are Return of Premium Life Insurance policies that do return the premium. These policies usually charge premiums up to 40% higher (or more) for the same amount of term life coverage.
- Does life insurance pay benefits for any type of death?
No. Usually suicide is not covered by your policy if it occurs within 2 years of policy inception. In some states this requirement may only be one year.
- If I have an existing medical condition, will I be able to get life insurance?
Yes. Some life insurance companies specialize in finding coverage for people with existing medical conditions. It’s best to request quotes from a few quote providers, though, because your rates may vary dramatically from one insurer to another. If you are unable to get accepted, you may want to consider Guaranteed Acceptance Life Insurance.
- What is an Accelerated Death Benefit?
Learn how you may benefit from having an Accelerated Death Benefit on your life insurance policy.
Life Insurance Quotes
Top Pick – JRC Insurance Group
Insurance Group helps you shop, compare and save on life insurance. Regardless
of your age or health background, we'll shop our 40+ insurance companies and
find you affordable life insurance you need to protect your family and fit your
budget. Compare the best life insurance rates for savings up to 73%. Get Your FREE Quote
Highly Recommended – Globe Life Insurance
Get FREE Information on how $1* Can Buy Up To $100,000 Globe Life Insurance for Adults or Children
- No Medical Exam – Simple Application.
- No Waiting Period. Buy Direct.
- Rates As Low As $3.49 per month.
- Join 4.3 Million Policyholders.
- No Phone Required. No Credit Required.
Guaranteed Approval Life Insurance – If you have health issues, or you have been turned down for life insurance, people ages 45 to 85 may purchase life insurance with guaranteed approval with no medical exam or health questions asked.
Term Life Insurance FAQ
Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate