Term Life Insurance Advantages and Disadvantages
It’s important to consider term life insurance advantages and disadvantages before purchasing your policy. Make sure you understand your reasons for buying the coverage and how long you will need protection for you and your family.
Advantages of Term Life Insurance
- Premiums are usually much lower for Term life insurance compared to Whole life insurance.
- Term life provides funds for people who depend on you for financial support.
- Creates an estate to leave to your heirs, if you haven’t had a chance to build much wealth.
- Level term life insurance premiums remain the same for the term of the policy. So, 20 year level term means your premiums stay the same for 20 years.
- Provides the maximum life insurance protection for your dependents at the lowest cost.
- Provides affordable life insurance protection to fit almost any budget.
- Many term life policies offer you the option to convert your coverage to whole life insurance by some future date, (without having to prove insurability – taking a medical exam).
Disadvantages of Term Life Insurance
- If you outlive your term insurance policy, your premiums to buy a new policy will be much more expensive.
- If you do convert your term insurance to whole life – your premiums will be much higher for the same amount of coverage.
- Premiums usually increase with age, unless you buy level term life insurance.
- When your policy expires, you may not be in good health, and unable to qualify for another life insurance policy at that time.
Term Life Insurance Quotes
Top Pick – JRC Insurance Group
JRC Insurance Group helps you shop, compare and save on life insurance. Regardless of your age or health background, we'll shop our 40+ insurance companies and find you affordable life insurance you need to protect your family and fit your budget. Compare the best life insurance rates for savings up to 73%. Get Your FREE Quote.
Highly Recommended – Globe Life Insurance
Get FREE Information on how $1* Can Buy Up To $100,000 Globe Life Insurance for Adults or Children
- No Medical Exam - Simple Application.
- No Waiting Period. Buy Direct.
- Rates As Low As $3.49 per month.
- Join 4.3 Million Policyholders.
- No Phone Required. No Credit Required.
Term Life Insurance with No Physical Exams
Term Life Insurance Advantages
Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate