Guide to Buy Term Life Insurance Online
Use our Guide to Buy Term Life Insurance Online to help you save time and money when you are shopping for your term life insurance.
- Use a life insurance quote service to find the best rates on low cost term life insurance. Comparing rates from several companies can save you up to 70% on your life insurance premiums when you buy term life insurance online.
- Choose annual premium payment option, if you can afford it. Annual payments save you up to 5-8% on your premium. Fees vary widely by company and payment method, so check out the annual premium versus all other options – quarterly, semi-annual and monthly.
- Pay your life insurance premium with the application, if allowed. Your life insurance protection can start as soon as you are accepted if there are no changes to the original offer.
- Employer-offered supplemental life insurance is not always cost effective. Shop around. Also, if you leave your company the coverage may not be available to you.
- Decreasing term insurance, frequently called mortgage insurance, is usually overpriced and offered as a convenience. Some plans only pay the lender. It’s much more cost effective to buy level term life insurance.
- Don’t buy unnecessary policies. Accidental death and dismemberment policies, and cancer insurance plans are emotional buys. The lower price means low payoff probability.
- Quit smoking (if you do). After one to three years, you may save 30, 40, even 50% on your life insurance premiums. Life insurance rates for smokers can be 2-3 times more expensive.
- Ask for the financial ratings of the life insurance companies you are considering. Make sure the insurance company you select has a Superior/Excellent rating in the opinion of an independent insurance company rating service, such as A.M. Best or Moody’s. This will give you greater confidence the insurance company will be around to pay your claim when your family needs it most.
- Bigger doesn’t always mean better. Some of the largest life insurance companies have the highest rates. It pays to compare rates from many insurance companies. You can get competitive rates from quality insurers. Just shop and compare.
Life Insurance Quotes
Top Pick – WholesaleInsurance
Compare the best life insurance quotes from 40 of the leading life insurance companies in less than 2 minutes. Save up to 73%. Request your free quotes for term life
Highly Recommended – Haven Life
- Get up to $1,000,000 of affordable term life insurance today
- Apply online in under 20 minutes, start coverage today
- Backed by MassMutual, rated A++ by AM Best
Get a Free Quote
Buy Term Life Insurance Online
Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate